Winning at Sportsbetting can be easy. Follow these tips to be on your way to betting success.
Open a specific bank account. To really make money on sports betting, you have to be dedicated, so it’s a good idea to have a special account that’s only for placing bets.
- To ensure you have enough money, multiply your base bet by at least 100, and that’s the minimum amount you should keep in this account at all times.
- If you're new to sports betting and don’t know your base bet, put in whatever money you have set aside for this venture and determine your base bet on the size of your bankroll (each bet should represent one to two percent).
Create accounts with a few sportsbooks. In order to place bets, you have to have an account with at least one sportsbook, though it’s ideal to have at least three, because then you can compare offerings and place smarter bets. Some sportsbooks also offer signup bonuses, so be sure to shop around. Most sportsbooks are available online these days, and some of the more popular sites include:
Learn to make smart bets. There are a number of rules that apply to this, and while some are about the numbers, others are about which teams you should and shouldn’t bet on.
- For instance, while each bet should represent about one to two percent of your bankroll, you can reduce this to 0.5 percent if you aren't confident about a bet. Similarly, you can increase the bet if you're very confident, but never place a bet that exceeds four percent of your bankroll.
- There are also some experts who say never to place a bet if you aren't confident, because it’s better to walk away and find a better bet that you feel good about.
- Many experts recommend not betting on your home team in any sport, because your bias can cloud your judgement, and this can lead to great losses.
Create a betting schedule. Don’t just bet on every game: every week, look at the upcoming games and pick the ones you want to bet on based on your confidence in the potential bet.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away from a bet right before the game. Odds change, lines change, and point spreads change, and if you're no longer confident about a bet, either don’t make it or reduce the bet.
Use Promos! Many betting outlets will provide you with bonus bets to get you to sign up. They will also have specific promos for sports such as money back on multi bets if 1 leg fails or a bonus every time your tennis player hits an ace. Make sure you utilise these to your advantage.